The Bridge Hotel is ideally located in the ancient market town of Thrapston in the heart of Northamptonshire. Thrapston is easily accessible from Kettering, Huntingdon, Peterborough, Corby and Northampton itself.
Whether you are visiting us for business or pleasure the hotel offers the Northamptonshire countryside with convenient and direct routes to neighbouring towns – the best of both worlds.
For directions to the hotel, please contact the hotel.
If using a Sat Nav please use the following postcode: NN14 4JP
Northamptonshire has been well known for its motorsport connections for many decades – with the most famous connection being the Silverstone Circuit and home of the British F1 Grand Prix. However, you don’t have to wait for July – the circuit offers racing every weekend between February – November. The track is only a 48 minute drive from the hotel.
Santa Pod Raceway in Wellingborough hosts over 50 motorsport events every year from drag racing, performance cars and even retro and classic festivals. Only 30 minutes from the hotel.
If you fancy a go at Karting there are 7 – yes 7 go kart tracks located within under an hour when staying at the hotel.
Nearby Kettering offers a variety of options for the most discerning shopper. From the Cultural Quarter offering local Independent shops and boutiques to the usual high street chains at Newlands Shopping Centre and the nearby Kettering Retail Park.
There are many traditional markets still held in Kettering, with local produce being offered every Friday & Saturday along with the quirky treasure trove of the Flea Market held every Wednesday.
A trip to Rushden is well recommended with its Nene Court offering a local shopping experience with unique shops and cafes that are all 100% independent.
Alternatively, there is Rushden Lakes which is Northamptonshire’s premier shopping and leisure destination with over 50 stores, restaurants and cinema. All located within 9 miles of the hotel.
If you are into your castles, then you will be spoilt for choice, Northamptonshire has 13 castles in total. Below are a selection within easy reach of the hotel:
- Fotheringhay Castle – only remains left situated near to the River Nene this site was the birthplace of Richard III and Mary Queen of Scots was executed here.
- Wadenhoe Castle – a fortified site and settlement remains can be seen, it is said this dates back to preconquest Roman times.
- Rockingham Castle – originally built by William the Conqueror, you can see 5 different counties from here. A place also frequented regularly by Charles Dickens.
- Boughton House – Boughton House as it stands today is largely the work of Ralph Montagu, later 1st Duke of Montagu, who inherited what was then a simpler Tudor building, in 1683. Montagu had been an English ambassador to France, and he was keen to bring French beauty and style to an English landscape.
- Lyveden (National Trust) – Set in the heart of rural Northamptonshire, Lyveden is a remarkable survivor of the Elizabethan age. Begun by Sir Thomas Tresham to symbolise his Catholic faith, Lyveden remains incomplete and virtually unaltered since work stopped on his death in 1605. There are tranquil moats, viewing terraces and an Elizabethan orchard to explore, as well as an enigmatic garden lodge covered in religious symbols. The full extent of Sir Thomas’s symbolic design remains unexplained to this day.
Kids – Big & Small
There are numerous places, attractions and days out to be had locally, whether you need to keep your muchkins occupied or you’re a big kid at heart.
Fermyn Woods Country Park – Situated in the heart of the Rockingham Forest, the park offers access to fantastic woodlands, meadows, thickets, marshes and ponds to explore. Circular, waymarked and hard-surfaced trails through woodlands and meadows and streams are accessible to wheel and push chairs, plus there are children’s play areas and wide open spaces for ball games, kite flying and dog walking.
The Oudell Treasure Trail – Enjoy a fun family walk in the fresh air, exploring the Oundle, enjoying the beautiful scenery and solve an intriguing treasure hunt at the same time.
Children and adults love competing to solve the clues and don’t even realise they are learning about the area. The answers to all the clues are located on existing monuments, buildings and structures which can be found around Oudell. Some are easy to find, others are a little sneaky!
Wicksteed Park – one of the oldest theme parks in the UK it offers over 30 exciting rides and activities all within 147 acres of beautiful rolling parkland.
Hamerton Zoo Park – is an animal park set in 25 acres of beautiful Cambridgeshire countryside. We specialise in rare, endangered and unusual animals.
Jungle Parc – Jungle Parc is a high wire forest adventure which has two difference courses where visitors can trek, swing and climb through the trees on over 45 different activities created to cater for all abilities.
This is just a selection of what is on offer, The Bridge Hotel is conveniently located to
The hotel is ideally located for exploring nature, with the Rive Nene and nine arch bridge on the doorstep along with many lakes, country parks and green spaces for exploring.
There are numerous walking and cycling routes that run through Thrapston.
Titchmarsh Nature Reserve – A stunningly beautiful wetland site with a variety of birds, butterflies and wildlife. Titchmarch Nature Reserve is definitely a must-see thing to do in Kettering. The lake provides a large area for overwintering birds, as well as isolated islands to encourage breeding. With access to multiple footpaths, it’s the perfect place to go for an afternoon stroll.
Stanwick Lakes – Stanwick Lakes is a unique 750 acre countryside attraction and nature reserve located in the heart of Northamptonshire’s Nene Valley. There are extensive and imaginative play areas, open spaces and paths that families, walkers, cyclists and nature lovers can explore at leisure.
If you fancy swinging a club or a tipple at the 13th hole, there are several good golf clubs to choose from when staying at the hotel.
Oundle Golf Club
Priors Hall Golf Club
Elton Furze Golf Club
Rushden Golf Club
Wellingborough Golf Club